One More America Hill
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
With our league starting up next week, this was most likely to be the last America Hill game we’d be playing for awhile. In addition it may be my last battle report for a while. While I’m playing a league game I’m not going to be able take the time to take pictures of everything between turns. So don’t be expecting a new post every week. 🙂
This time around we went with some changes to the hill rules. To emphasize getting to to the hill even more, we required
- At the end of each turn, the player with the most models on the hill gains 1 VP.
- A unit counts as 1 model, regardless of the number of members on the hill
- In the case of a tie, VPs are awarded to all players tied for most models on the hill
- At the end of a turn where a player has his warcaster/warlock on the hill, the controlling player rolls 1d6 and gains the following bonus:
- Immediately activate the Yellow Woldwomper
- Immediately activate the Blue Woldwomper
- Immediately activate the Red Woldwomper
- Place any one model currently on the hill or within 3” of the hill within 6” of its current location. Model may not be placed more than 4” above the table surface. There must be room for the model’s base at the destination.
- Place 1d4 3” cloud effects in play anywhere completely within the warlock/warcaster’s control radius. These clouds remain in play for one round.
- Place 1 3” fire storm template anywhere within completely within the warlock/warcaster’s control radius. The warcaster/warlock must make a magic attack roll against each model in the AOE ignoring LOS, cover, concealment, elevation, Stealth, Invisibility, or intervening models. Each model hit suffers an unboostable POW 12 damage roll and the Fire continuous effect.
We also decided to fight it out on a large molded plastic terrain board and had to use a smaller hill for the center of the table. Most of the rocks and rubble provided cover, and we let people move out of their deployment areas without movement penalties on the first turn because it would have been too unfair to a couple players.
James, the Cryxian player, opted to go last so I wound up going first. We deployed and set up in the following order: